Thursday, June 17, 2010

Luna Turns TWO!!!!

Okay not to brag or anything but I made this centerpiece to place on the snack table. I stayed up most of the night baking and arranging 36 cupcakes to a starifiorm ball. The time and frustration was SOOOO worth it. The cupcake rose bush came out beautiful. My husband was even impressed and told his army buddies about it the night before the party.


Wow !!! Luna has finally turned two!!! I can not believe it!!! This year the theme for Luna's birthday party was a Mommy & Me Princess Party.

But first off here's a trip down memory lane..This is Luna on her first birthday..( see blog entitled Luna turns ONE for more pictures)

This is Luna now!!! Just look at how different she looks now.. What a pretty pretty princess she is!!! I made the dress that she is wearing (I made the dress in last years picture are well.)
This is the princesses dining area. I hung curtains in the entrance way to the dining room and held them back with the same pink polka doted ribbon used on Luna's dress. On the menu were. Cream cheese & homemade strawberry jelly sandwiches, chips, hand dipped choc. covered strawberries, Cheese & Crackers and a veggie platter. All perfect snacks for dainty little princesses to eat.
Here are some cupcakes that we had instead of the traditional birthday cake.
This was suppose to be a pink & purple princess mini cake for Luna. The doll was suppose to have the same hair color as Luna. The morning we went to pick up the cupcakes and princess cake they told me that they never received the order..( please note I personally placed the order at Walmart myself and had them repeat it back to me..get this 2 weeks BEFORE the party date.) We couldn't come home with nothing so we had to pick something so we let Luna pick out her favorite mini cake that she saw that was already made and this is what she picked.
The Hand dipped Chocolate Strawberries.. A BIG HIT!!!!

I wish I had more pictures to share with you from the party but I was having so much fun with the other mommies and their lil princesses that I forgot to get my camera out more. I can't wait to start planning her next birthday. I believe that Savy's 6th birthday is the next party on my agenda, so stay tuned for that blog come October.

No comments:

Post a Comment