Friday, August 7, 2009

1st day of Pre-K


So Savy started Pre-K today and I could tell that he was super excited to be going the only bad part is that he had to wait until the afternoon session because he is in the PM class. His teachers name is Miss Edge. We met her last night and she is a very nice middle aged woman. Savy even has a friend that played Fall soccor with him in his same class.

Any ways I wanted to really make this day a big deal to show Savy how proud and happy that he was finally going to school, so I made pancakes with sprinkles and tons of whip cream. He really liked them and I can tell that I accomplished what I set out to do. Make him feel extra special.
He had his cloths pick out the night before. ( just like I once use to do at his age) These are the shoes that he choose to go with the orange in his shirt. I think this is a very creative way to velcro your shoes. He said that it was the X men way. I don't know and I don't care as long as he is happy with it. Which he was.
After lunch it was time to go out and wait for the bus (bus # 5) the bus didn't arrive until 11:53 so that made it a total of 45 mins before the bus time that Savy demanded that we by out waiting for it. He rode his big boy bike while we waited.
The bus finally came and off he was, but not before I was that parent that makes them turn around and smile for the camera but I didn't care if I had become my mother for a little bit. This is a memory that I never want to forget.
There was a slight mix up with the drop off schedule because I just assumed that since bus 5 picked my child up that they would be the ones to safely return him at the end of the day. Not they way it is here at fort rucker, he was 15 mins late getting home because he gets on bus 3 to be brought home. Oh well when he got off the bus he had no idea that anything was wrong he was just all smiles and ready finish his snack he didn't finish at school.

This is the first day of the many school years to go. I can't believe that the time has finally come but I am so proud of how smart he is and I just know that I started him off the right foot the best I could now it's up to him what he does with himself now.

No comments:

Post a Comment